I Blogged Myself

Why do you always come here? I guess we'll never know. It's like a kind of torture, To read this blog, y'know.

Welcome to the most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, Muppetational blog since Kermit left just a little bit of the swamp in his pants.

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Congratulations, Clarry!

A dear old friend of mine (emphasis on 'old') announced his engagement on the weekend.

To a girl.

Here he is celebrating the news with a dance:




Let's call him Clarry.

Clarry and his now-fiancee, for whom I haven't yet thought of a suitably-silly pseudonym*, were delighted with their news (and why wouldn't they be), despite some Random Guy turning up to take photos at the beautiful scenic lookout where Clarry was about to do the surprise-proposal thing. He was just about to drop to one knee and produce the ring when this dude strolled in and started taking pictures. So Clarry had to wait a while until the guy had moved on before deliberately re-starting his intended act of romantic spontaneity.

Either way, she said yes, so it's all good.

I will now take bets. Do you think that:

(a) Wifey and I will be invited to their engagement party and/or wedding ceremony and/or wedding reception;
(b) Wifey and I will be snubbed entirely from the whole event;
(c) Clarry will drop his pants during the Groom's speech at the reception and sing 'Old Grey Mare'; or
(d) All of the above.**

Just in case, does anyone have any ideas for a great engagement party present for a couple with a slight age difference? She's 21 and he's something like 87 (I've never been completely sure on his age, but it's up there somewhere).***

Those who select the correct answer will feel clever about themselves.

* Try saying "suitably-silly pseudonym" over and over again, getting increasingly faster until you pass out. It's fun!
** Options (a) and (b) are mutually exclusive, so 'all of the above' isn't really possible ...
*** Please note: Clarry's age may or may not be an accurate representation of how long he has actually lived on this Earth. But it's funny.

------------------------

In two days ...

IT ARRIVES

------------------------

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 17, 2005 4:02:00 pm, Blogger BEVIS said...

Who knows ...

Maybe it will.

And I actually asked Clarry at the time if he got the guy to come back and take photos of the moment, but he said no.

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2005 8:24:00 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a very old man that Clarry. Older that Old Mrs. Hubbard. And you know how old she is!?!!?!? She went to the cupboard - and it there was a bear - and it went 'rooooar'! It frightened her, so she went to live with the old woman who lived in a a shoe. After all, they had a lot in common - they're both old afterall. So, she went to live with the old duck, but as you could imagine, she had a hard enough time getting herself into a shoe, let alone a new visitor coming to stay. I mean really, who lives in a shoe anyway? And who throws a shoe? Certainly the guy from Austin Powers did, and that didn't have much of an effect, which really leads me to say two things about shoes; 1. they're not for living in (recall the Old Mrs Hubbard and Old woman who lived there debacle), and 2. they're not for using by villians as weapons at the end of a movie. Here's an idea - wear them on your feet people. What lunacy to suggest otherwise! really... what a silly suggestion. You should be ashamed of yourself Bevis.

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2005 8:46:00 am, Blogger BEVIS said...

My apologies, Random Task.

I think I must have been drunk when I suggested such a thing.

Crazy man, me.

 
At Thursday, August 18, 2005 7:27:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're *always* drunk! I am *always* having to tell you off for being work at drunk...

No, wait, that's *me* that's always drunk.

Um.

Okay, so I say that the correct answer to the pop quiz is (a). I base that on the fact that I would not invite you to *my* engagement party. I'm just assuming that all of your other friends have as much sense as I do.

In other news, WHAT THE CRAP IS THIS COUNTDOWN? I am feeling kinda nervous now, like you're going to blow up the office, or something.

Also:

A good gift for engagements is ... um ... um ... Hey, look at that!

*runs*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home